Research Intern: Mexico (Contract)
The Global Project Against Hate and Extremism (GPAHE) is seeking a paid research intern (contract) fluent in Spanish to contribute online research to a range of publication projects about far-right extremism activities. The contract term will likely range from two to four months, dependent upon need, and may be extended.
Research Intern – Mexico, Argentina or Colombia
As part of the research team, the research intern will conduct activities to support delivery on a portfolio that includes research initiatives geared towards regional and global advocacy. These projects are focused largely on U.S., European, and Latin American activities. The researcher will participate in the project life cycle of internal research. This position is suited for a recent undergraduate or graduate student with an interest in gaining additional civil society and advocacy research experience about global far-right movements.
Carry out research activities
- Supporting the research team to scope and develop research deliverables, including developing timelines and planning and monitoring progress.
- Undertaking ad hoc research on specific topics as required.
- Participating in regular reflection on current processes, acting to continuously improve ways of working.
- Attend external meetings as directed, reporting wider outcomes to the research team.
- Carry out any other related duties as requested.
Knowledge, Experience and Behaviors
- Bachelor’s degree
- Strong analytical, organizational, writing and communications skills.
- Related work experience or experience supporting academic or civil society research.
- Understanding of far-right and hate-motivated movements in the global sphere.
- Willingness to provide support on an ad hoc and reactive basis.
- An excellent team player with ability to work independently and in collaboration with colleagues at all levels across departments and external stakeholders.
- Intrinsically motivated to learn and grow with a high degree of integrity and discretion.
- Strong commitment to the mission of Global Project Against Hate and Extremism, gender equality, anti-racism, anti-discrimination, and social justice.
- Fluency in Spanish
- Experience living in Mexico
GPAHE is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment based on race, color, religion, caste, sex, gender identity, gender expression, age, national origin, genetic characteristics, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, or sexual identity.
GPAHE actively seeks applicants from diverse backgrounds, experiences and identities, to provide a wide range of perspectives, ideas, views and insights into the strategy, policies, culture and goals of GPAHE. As an organization committed to supporting inclusive democracies, we strongly encourage candidates from historically marginalized communities, women of color, and bi-lingual candidates to apply. We would particularly welcome applications from candidates who have lived or worked in countries in which GPAHE is researching.
Compensation will be commensurate with experience. If interested, please send a short note of interest and your resume to email@example.com